Tacops and Win XP

Mark Biss

Hi,

I am returning to this forum and to Tacops after long break. In the meantime I have made the mistake up upgrading to windows XP...now when I try and reinstall Tacops I get an error message that I have insufficient memory.

When I was running win 98 on the same machine it had no problems at all in running Tacops.

any fixes?

It must be a problem on your machine.

I ran the new tacops version and tacops 3.0 on XP.

only a small minor graphics problem occured in 3.0 but its no big deal since 3,0 is history anyway.

Did you do a complete upgrade on XP?

Try reinstalling Tacops or the compatibility modus,right click on the program's icon for the compatibility mode.

Win XP in itself uses way more memory than Win 98

it all depends how much memory your machine has - it may have just enough to run Win XP but nothing left to run any further apps.

I'm running Win XP and V3.0 without any probs whatsoever - I have 384meg of SDRAM on my machine.

> I am returning to this forum and to Tacops after long break.

> In the meantime I have made the mistake up upgrading to

> windows XP...now when I try and reinstall Tacops I get an

> error message that I have insufficient memory.

Which version of Tacops do you have?

The following info is for v3.

It isn't clear from your note if your memory problem is occurring during installation or during game play.

If the problem is happening during installation then don't use the v3 intstaller. Instead, just drag copy the uncompressed TacOps v3 game materials from the CD to your hard drive and add your Start Menu items manually.

If the problem is happening during game play then try reducing your monitor color setting before running TacOps v3. Reducing the color setting will greatly reduce program memory usage. If you are using millions of colors (True Color 32 bit) then go down to thousands (High Color 16 bit). If you are using thousands (High Color 16 bit) then go down to 256.