Special buildings in CM?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Are there any special buildings/structures in CM like guard towers, factories, government buildings and such?

I think I've seen something on factory type buildings when doing a search on Stalingrad. Not sure about guard towers or gov. bldgs - maybe considered unnecessary as they don't have specific functions within the game.

Guard towers would be cool though. Good for spotters !! smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

We are expanding building inventories for CM2 most likely. CM 1's are cast in stone and will not change beyond the curret set:

Light House (construction, not weight smile.gif)

Heavy House (construction, not weight smile.gif)

Large House

Block House/Building

Church

The first two have one story, the other three two.

Steve

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

HEY, whatduyaknow! An answer from BTS! Haha biggrin.gif Anyway, thanks Steve.

I just thought that since this game goes to May '45, that there should be some factory-type buildings for the Industry Heart of Germany in Alsace-Lorraine.

Nice pic of the Frost brucke (brug?) at Arnhem.

I was there last month and was lucky enough to get to visit the Airborne museum in Oosterbeek nr Arnhem.

check it out

http://www.airbornemuseum.com/engels/index_eng.htm

They have done a really excellent job of presenting the history of Market Garden along with wider historical aspects of the German occupation in the Netherlands. The museum building itself was Urquhart's HQ. There is also a very fine display of WWII small arms including panzerschreck (first one I'd seen in the flesh). Altogether excellent, if you ever get the chance - go!.

I also got to visit the liberation museum at Grossbeek nr Nijmegen which was also v. interesting but a bit of a construction site when I was there.

Joe

Colin (or Steve), does that mean you can butt several houses together to form a long, continuous, European-style terrace? I thought you could only have one building per tile and none of them are wide enough to stretch from one tile-edge to the opposite?