Help for scenario freaks

Over the past 3 days, whenever I am not playing Combat Mission, I am reading this forum. Problem is, by the time I get to the bottom of the list, new messages have popped up at the top, and I end up reading the list endlessly. eek.gif If you also have this problem, I think I have a solution cool.gif

Based on my experience of reading these forums almost full-time for 3 days or more, here is what I found: instead of reading messages fromthe top of the list, start reading fromthe BOTTOM. While you are working your way to the top, new messages will be added to those top messages, so you will have more to read by the time you get there and you will spend less time scrolling around smile.gif

This is so efficient that I now have nothing to read, and I am reduced to writing messages of my own in order to kill time while waiting for new messages to appear tongue.gif.

Henri biggrin.gif

Sheesh! This game is more addictive than heroin eek.gif

I just avoid any thread with more than 20 replies (long ones tend towards flame-ness) biggrin.gif

BTW, I know BTS has nothing to do with programming the BBS software, but why does it show the most recent threads, but clicking on a thread takes you to the first post and not the most recent? confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Sheesh! This game is more addictive than heroin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So's the forum!

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

"instead of reading messages from the top of the list, start reading from the BOTTOM."

Henri, I've encountered what you're talking about (I don't refresh between readings, so it wasn't as bad, but the overall effect was the same). In any case, I tried your technique and it works! smile.gif

I've been reading from the bottom also - usually go back two or three pages to start a given days emails.

I have noticed one thing about this board that seems different than others I have used. On the others, if someone posts a message, it is correctly shown as a new message which is unread. Once read, it greys-out and stays that way; and in the original sequence location. If a follow-on message is posted, then the whole thread is moved forward to the date of the most recent posting and the subject title is in the appropriate "unread" color.

I have noticed several messages on this board where this does not happen. I might post an original message and then come back a couple days later. In the meantime, perhaps five people have posted follow-on messages, but the only way I can tell that is by going back to the original post and looking at the number of response messages. The subject title is still greyed-out as a 'read' message and the thread was never moved forward to the recent date of posting.

I find this difficult to work with. Expecially when posting several messages on different subjects, it requires keeping track of all the subject titles so I can go back and find the thread. I'm sure I have missed some responses simply because it didn't immediately look like there had been a change.

I also agree with IntelWeenie, I would prefer to go to the most recent posting on a thread first, rather than to the very first posting and then work my way through. I've normally already read most of those messages more times than I need to. smile.gif