Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Need a little help on mods

Guest Shatter50

Guest Shatter50

I loaded the first modpack at CM HQ and now want to load the second mod pack. I was wondering will this mess with the first modpack or will it just add new mods and the others will continue with no problems because the first pack is great and I hope I can get the second without any prblems.

Any help would be appreciated

It just adds to. smile.gif

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM!:)

Join Rob's CMMC today Email me at <A HREF="mailto:Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

">Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

</A> Rob

For more info on Rob;s CMMC go to Robs CMMC HQ

Besides the two modpacks, there is also a tremendous amount of third party mods.

To keep things straight, get in the habit of viewing each moded bmp file. Then look at the one in your CMBO\BMP directory. If windows, double click on the file and a default bmp viewer should open the file for viewing. If you think the new is better, replace it only. You will soon learn the numbering, which group is for which tank, tree, etc..

After awhile, you will start to get ideas. Like the free french and ami tank mod, where you can run a batch file to replace the same graphics file. I use this method for german uniforms, so I can see them all. I have icons on my desktop which say... german army with summer camo, german army with gray, german paratroopers with brown helmet, etc, etc. These batch files rename files so that I can use multiple bmp's for the same bmp, choosing which to use depending on the scenario I am playing. Gives great variety.

If you make a mistake, the CD is fortunately not compressed, so you can go directly to its BMP directory and recover to the original. A safety net I've used once in awhile....

Guest Shatter50

Hey Kump

Thanks a lot

For a while I have been debating on mods other than than the packs. I basicaly didn't understand how they worked and seems like everytime I ask somethings the USE THE SEARCH guys come out and basicaly tick me off so thanks for some positve input. smile.gif

Shatter out

It's real easy man, just grab your favorite peace pipe and smoke a few drags (oops, wrong war) tongue.gif and look at the pretty pictures of the new mods and download/install the one you want. Just install the new BMPs in the Bmp folder inside your CM folder.

Be fore-warned man, you MAY have to make a decision. Something alot of people have a hard time doing.

------------------

Coming soon to a web near you...

The Maximus CM Mod HQ

This site will be host to a plethera of mods from myself and others.

Please send questions and comments to: davem@shawneelink.net

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 10-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 10-22-2000).]