Sudden strike .... beyond realism

Hi guys, while wandering through the attic (searching the archives) i found this thread about 'sudden strike' (10-14), an WWII RTS game. At www.cdv.de

If you can bear the overuse of exclemation marks, hyping fluff (blockbuster !!) and funny typo's (Feature: Long-rage howitzers smile.gif ). You can have a bit of fun checking out their website ..... must admit it's a pretty site and the screenshots look good.

Might be fun to twiddle with this game for a week or so ...

Don't count on to much realism though .... rolleyes.gif We could all download their beta (when it's done) and have a competition about who detects the most blatent incosistencies. (ehm ... spelling ?). tongue.gif

Grtz S Bakker.

I'll dl the demo for my son - but I'm sure I'll try it too. Realism is something this game will not contain, a look at the screenshots are sugestive of that. All teh combat shots have the vehicles slapped all over the place . It reminds me of the pictures of the ships in the channel at DDAY except far worse in the terms of chaos redface.gif. On top of that they have been promising a Demo since OCTOBER and they have moved the date numerous times - something BTS has not done to us smile.gif, but that also may be a sign that they are trying to release a good game (for its type)

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

I once bought a *censored word* called "Offensive". It was a highly accurate warfaregame featuring realistic weapons and vehicles...or so they claimed smile.gif

I believe i installed the thing, played one scenario, started to cry and vomit. After i pressed the uninstall-button i suddenly felt much better smile.gif

I have seen the selfrunning-demo from Sudden Strike and i must say it looks nice. Shame the tanks move a bit too fast smile.gif

Aah well, gotta do something to get rid of my money smile.gif

PanzerShark

One word.. Hit Points wink.gif

I did a preview about this which TGN STILL hasn't published 2 months later *sigh*. Welcome to the world of the editorial black hole.

The game has HIT points for tanks etc wink.gif.

It's a VERY good RTS though, just not much of a wargame.