Weird Win2K & GeForce DDR problem

So I've been playng CM sucessfully with me GEForce card on Win 2k for a few weeks now (since I could get an NVidia driver to work on my system) and have been happily playing away with the NVidia Win2k reference driver 3.76. The release reference came out a few days ago (3.78) and I installed it ... and now no CM! click on the exe and I geta blank screen with a frozen mouse (seems like all of explore is frozen as the screen is absolutly loced, but the system is still humming as I could still access it from other work stations)... About once in 15 tries it works normally, which makes things weirder to me.

Has anyone seen something like this?

(and I guess I am asking sheepishly since I;'ve been saying for the last 2 months that CM works just fine with Win2K... DOH!)

Clay=

AHhh the woes of WIn2k smile.gif Like I always say why bother - WIn 98se does the job - since I've never seen WIn2k or used it, I don't know what I'm missing, and its better that I don't know wink.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

Have an SMP setup... wanted to use it as my main gaming rig. Wonderful for games like Quake 3 that are SMP aware. Everything else works ok, so I'm figuring that there's some incompatabity with the Beta Demo. Have found that not running McAfee seems to help. Can usually get the game running. Let McAfee run and forget about it.

Well, you should never have anything running in the background

when you are playing a game. Doing this can often lead to weird

glitches and crashes that seemingly have no cause.

I always run a very clean setup when playing games. Nothing but

the windows essentials running in the background.

That's true, but usually McAfee's not a big culprit. On the NT model, it's not even an applcation. I've gone hunting through processes and killed as many as I dare and like I said, that helps (no End It All for processes wink.gif). I can play more often than I can't (5 good starts to each screen lockup... far better than the dire straits I was in last week), and I guess I'll be happy with that until release.