Battle! Practical Wargaming.

A book of this title was publised in the UK in the early to mid 70's. The author was Charles Grant and the book dealt with WW2 figure gaming in a very 70's style.

Two scenarios were described in the book, one 'Action at Twin Farms' dealt with the ambush of a plt of Russians in captured Hanomags; great stuff and I remember the terrain and orbats fairly well.

The other scenario entitled "A Recconaisance in Force" was a larger battle and I don't remember the orbats etc at all.

I really would like to do these as CM scenarios, if only to re-live and animate my teenage battles.

So, finally getting to the point, does anyone have the book and if so could they let me know the correct orbats and terrain layouts.

Thanks

------------------

Only the enemy in front, every other bugger behind.

- unofficial motto of the British Infantry Reconnaissance Corps, W.W.II

In Battle!Practical Wargaming by Charles Grant, there are three scenarios with the following OOBs:

Armoured Action

Black - 4 Pz.IVs (long 75), 2 Pumas

Red - 4 T.34/85s

Action at Twin Farms

Red - 1 Infantry Company in armoured halftracks made up of

2 Infantry squads: each (1xNCO,4xriflemen,2xSMG,1xbazooka team)

1 infantry squad: as above, except replace NCO with an Officer and the bazooka with a light motar.

Black - 1xOfficer,9xriflemen,1xRackenfaust,2xHMGs.

Reconnaissance in Force

Red - 1xInfantry Battalion made up of

HQ Coy (Commander with a Command Car;Communications Section with a radio truck;Motar Section with 2 mortars, 2 trucks 2 jeeps;AT Section with 2 halftracks and 2 AT guns;HMG Section with 2 trucks and 4xHMGs;Assault Pioneer Section with 6 men and 1 flamethrower.

3x Infantry Coys

plus attached tank section (2xT.34/85)

attached FOO for battery of field artillery

Black - the battle is narrated from Red's point of view so Black's OOB is uncertain due to FOW. Contains artillery support, 2xPzIVs,infantry (probably 2xCoys, plus HMGs,mortars and Rackenfausts) and one 50mm AT gun.