Rally Points Needed.

I was playing a night scenario. Visibility was about 50 metres. One of my platoons tripped an ambush and got shot up pretty bad. They broke and ran for cover -- forward -- right into the line of buildings occupied by the enemy. All were eliminated. If a rally point had been available to the rear, much of the damage could have been averted.

Would a platoon or company rally point be any more difficult to add in than a TRP? The troops needn't move all the way to it, just towards it until they find cover.

I've had this as well, where shot-up infantrymen run in strange directions after being routed. I kinda wish they'd just get the hell gone so my tanks will stop targeting them...

I would think it's an AI thing. Maybe broken units could run in the opposite direction from the nearest enemy unit, generally sort of 'back where they came from'?

ianc

In fairness, they did run away from the units which had molested them, but they ran forward obliquely into buildings "obviously" (to me, anyway) held by the enemy.

I'm thinking of a rally point designator which can be placed like a TRP. Broken or frightened units would move toward it until they find cover, &c.