AI not surrendering even though 0% morale...

I just had an interesting Pbem experience.

As Allies in VoT I was trying to crush my opponent forcing an AI surrender before his reinforcments arrived. At around turn 15 I stepped it up and had eliminated or captured all remaining Germans on turn 16, no surrender. Turn 17 reinforcements show up and are imediately destroyed, still no AI surrender.

My opponent had no troops and 0% morale yet still had to manually surrender. That can't be right...

Guest Mirage2k

Having VERY little PBEM experience, this is just a wild n' random guess...

Can the AI surrender in a two-player battle? Does a surrender always have to be human-initiated?

-Andrew

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mirage2k:

Having VERY little PBEM experience, this is just a wild n' random guess...

Can the AI surrender in a two-player battle? Does a surrender always have to be human-initiated?

-Andrew<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, BTS posted this recently ( even today???). If your overall morale is 15% or less and the opponents four times higher then yours then the AI can surrender for you even in a two player game. Don't nail me on the exact numbers, its already 3am in Germany and Freyland is kicking my a$$!

------------------

Es gibt Tage da verliert man und Tage da gewinnen die anderen.

Yes, the AI 'can' force a surrender. As the Germans (against Darwin smile.gif , he did about the same thing to me...I did have a couple of tore up squads left, when my reinforcements arrived. On about the third turn of my reinforcements showing, the AI ended the battle, even tho my reinforcements were doing ok (didn't pay attention to morale level). So yes, the AI 'can' force a surrender...don't know the reason it didn't for this game of Darwin's...

In respect of Strider and other german VoT players, the VoT scenario is balanced for blind play. For "non-blind" games Germans need luck to win whereas with Allies good play is sufficient.

As for the morale level difference I had a solid 85% at the end. I am waiting to see if I can get his password to investigate further.

AH, thanks Charles.

Perhaps I had a misunderstanding with my opponent, it is my impression that after I had eliminated everything he had including his reinforcements he had a morale level of 0% and still the AI did not surrender for him. I'll post further when I can confirm this.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Surrender is never forced when reinforcements are still on the way.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can attest to this, as for a game of VoT I played the other day where I had the majority of my troops up on the hill just waiting for the Germans to pop up and I slaughtered them when they did.