Super Pershings

Any idea why an M-26 Pershing costs more than a T-26 Super Pershing? And on that topic, how did BTS decide how much each vehicle should cost? By usefulness, or by how available they actually were, or what?

BTW - I always thought Jagdpanthers had good armor, but they dont even have 100mm at the thickest point! Mine got blown away by frontal hits from Sherman 76s (not easy-8) at >500m in a quick battle. Dug-in Jagdtigers... that's the stuff (-;

On the Pershing:

T26E3 Pershing. Source: Hunnicutt, R. P.: Pershing: A History of the Medium Tank T20 Series. Twenty Pershings were shipped to Antwerp in January 1945. After bore sighting and test firings were completed on 23 February 1945 they were then ready for combat. The next shipment of at least 70 Pershings arrived at Antwerp and Le Havre on about 25 March 1945. These were ready for action in the first week of April 1945. By VE day there were 310 Pershings in Europe of which about 200 had been issued to front line units. Twelve Pershings were also sent to Okinawa but were too late to take part in any

fighting.

T26E4 Pershing. Source: Hunnicutt, R. P.: Pershing: A History of the Medium Tank T20 Series. This was also known as the Super Pershing. This was a T26E1 refitted with the new 90mm gun T15E2 and redesignated the T26E4. A single vehicle arrived in Europe at the 3rd Armoured Division on 15 March 1945, but was not ready for combat until about a week later. The front hull armour of a Panther was added to the front hull of this Pershing.

As for the Jagdpanther, it's thickest armour was about 80mm IIRC- if it was 76mm M4's firing at it, they may have been using tungsten rounds, which at 500m would be a problem for the JP...

I am not sure what "price structure" is used to attach a value to a piece of equipment in the game.

The standard 1 is more expensive for a few reasons.. the main 1 in my option is that the super perushing has a slow rate of fire. This is a REALLY big disadvandage in most combat situations as the enemy is likely to always get the 1st shot in. I think it also has a slow turrent(or at least slower than the m26.