TacOps v3.1.2 Patch Available

MajorH TacOps Developer

A TacOps v3.1.2 update - for Windows only - is available from the "Downloads" page at Battlefront.com.

http://www.battlefront.com/downloads/index.html

The Macintosh version does not need an update at this time. The v3.1.2 update will update all previous versions of TacOps v3.x. It does not update versions of TacOps earlier than v3.

This is a critical update.

v3.1.2 Changes...

Bug fix. Windows only. Corrected a small but nasty intermittent memory leak and Windows system resources leak that occurred when drawing some special icons such as casualty markers, ATGM launch signatures, entrenchments, mines, and smoke clouds. Although small, the leak would absolutely cause the program to fail if a game session lasted long enough. Symptoms included hanging or crashing a few turns after small game graphic details begain to disappear or behave oddly. The leak could also cause PBEM games to go out of sync before any visible symptoms were noticed.

- - - - -

TacOps v3.1.2 can load saved games and PBEM orders file done by v3.1.1 but not earlier.

My best guess is that this bug was introduced six months ago during the development of the v304 update.

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: MajorH ]

Putting on my government contractor hat ... changing speech mode to contractor weaselspeak ...

This patch is not intended to support TacOpsCF (a custom version of TacOps licensed to the Canadian Forces/DND).

I have offered a free v3.1.2 patch for TacOpsCF to the appropriate office in the Canadian Forces. I am awaiting a response.

If you are in the Canadian Forces and you need more information about this, please contact me privately via MajorH@mac.com. Please include your Candian military/DND title and your unit address in your inquiry.

Taking off my government contractor hat and returning to normal speech mode ... smile.gif