Not about the dying PC game industry

If someone has a moment to discuss something other than the ranting of Davedial, I would like to know if anything other than HE rounds can knock down a building. If a building is already severely weakened by HE, can an AP round, a bazooka or a PF rocket finish it off?

I think ANYTHING with a Blast FP rating can damage a building.

Not sure about AP though but recent AI changes make the AI VERY unwilling to fire AP at buildings anymore ( a good change in my book and one I asked for a long time ago).

How to knock a building down with AP:

Fire at the ground in front of it (works good on nice hard roads, paving etc) round ricochets and begins to tumble (note this is quite different from trying penetrate belly armour this way) takes out large bit of building very nicely. Technique also good for infantry and other soft targets when only AP is "up the spout" especially for Brit AP with no HE charge.

Similarly when firing at infantry in woods or forest, fire at the trees: AP makes lots of splinters and HE makes airbursts and splinters.

Most of this does not apply to CM of course but you can try the latter when your enemy is dug in especially if you area fire beyond the target and hope you hit a tree above their heads biggrin.gif