demo and full version differences

I got the demo version of CM and want to a few things to see if they were fixed up.

1) In the demo, if a troop was in a fox hole it would be on the same level on the terrain as every other unit, just he'd be on a brown "spot". Is this still the same?

2) In the demo you could shoot through houses, this still the same?

3) Lastly, is there more of a hit detection feature now? In the demo if a unit was killed he would disappear and if he was hit he would sometimes bounce back a bit. Is this still the same?

thanks.

Hello there,

From my point of view, what you get in this game is a thorough work in terms of recreating the reality of the WW2 battlefield

It has some great physics modelling and 99,999% of the time you get the feeling that you are really leading your troops through the chaos of tactical combat.

Thus said, it's also true ( both in the game and in the demo )that in terms of the graphic engine this game is not without it's flaws.

For me the most important is that even with some minor graphic glitches, this game is light years away from the other wargames that I've played.

I recommend it strongly,

Best Regards,

Pedro

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DukesterMM:

I got the demo version of CM and want to a few things to see if they were fixed up.

1) In the demo, if a troop was in a fox hole it would be on the same level on the terrain as every other unit, just he'd be on a brown "spot". Is this still the same?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it is still the same. That is just the graphical representation of foxholes. The appropriate modifiers are still modeled correctly though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>2) In the demo you could shoot through houses, this still the same?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly do you mean? If you mean that it appears that you can, again, that is just graphical representation of a house. The house may be in a slightly different location "inside the code" than what you see on the screen.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>3) Lastly, is there more of a hit detection feature now? In the demo if a unit was killed he would disappear and if he was hit he would sometimes bounce back a bit. Is this still the same?

thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds like you're still playing the Beta demo where eliminated infantry would just disappear. Since the Gold Demo, the eliminated infantry units would leave a "eliminated" icon where the last man fell. This icon is the exact same uniform of the unit that was eliminated except that it's laying on it back with one leg up and bent at the knee.

The animation of infantry getting hit is still there, they "bounce back" as you say.

And if you are still playing the Beta Demo, the infantry running animations are entirely different than they were in Beta Demo.

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 09-30-2000).]