Enemy foxholes in operations

Wondering if anyone else has seen this. In operations vs. the AI, playing defense in advance-type ops, I have spotted enemy foxholes at the beginning of subsequent battles, even when these foxholes are WAY out of LOS of any of my troops. Have tried to fight the tendency to target artillery based on the foxholes, but it's hard to resist. Anyone else seen it? Or is this just my brave patrollers doing night-time recon?

Have also had trouble figuring out where frontlines go in the defensive ops. Often I am bumped out of good defensive terrain without understanding why. Have read other comments on this in other topics, too.

Minor things, these, however, and operations are way, way coool. Wish there were more!

That may be the case, that I'm seeing leftover foxholes from the first battle. As you say, foxholes should persist from battle to battle. However, some were way out of LOS of any of my units (directly behind buildings or through several groves of woods, for example), and it seemed like the bad guys came from the direction of these holes. Can't say if this is a bug or realistic, as you say. Hope to play more operations and keep my eyes peeled...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RudeLover:

That may be the case, that I'm seeing leftover foxholes from the first battle. As you say, foxholes should persist from battle to battle. However, some were way out of LOS of any of my units (directly behind buildings or through several groves of woods, for example), and it seemed like the bad guys came from the direction of these holes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't played any operations yet, but I've had the experience in Quick Battles of being able to 'see' enemy foxholes, without being able to make any LOS to an enemy unit. But in a Quick Battle against the computer, there's no way there aren't enemy troops there, so if I can get LOF for artillery, I bring it down. I remember a thread some time back (before the game was available), about some people complaining that (specifically in PBEM) games, the presence of foxholes gave away troops and their positions. Some people wanted the right to tell troops not to dig in, as a result. Don't remember that the thread ever resolved itself in any way.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.