32 bit-colour in CM

Let me preface this thread with the note: damn I'm bored no ones sending me turns someone send me a setup biggrin.gif

Anyways Ive searched about and even the offical BTS line was vague: paraphrase "Well the models were in 32 bit but game is 16 bit but um er..."

Does CM support 32 bit colour in any way shape or form, should I have it turned off/on/don't matter/I'm clueless but im replying anyways. Plus more provocatively!:

will CM2 support 32 bit colour (I really hope it should) and spruced up graphics for 2001 and the new beachead of video cards.

Just my opinion, but from a marketing viewpoint least common denominator is understandable, but many (any?) player of CM with the fiscal wherewithal would buy a new graphics card in order to be able to play this superior simulation.

------------------

As the victors define history, so does the majority define sanity...

Yah, I played Unreal Tournament a little, mainly because friend wanted to, and never could decide whether 800*600*32 was better than 1024*768 16 bit. But then unreal is designed to use 32 bit which many games aren't. As to your point about higher resolutions being better than 32 bit, from what I've seen in reviews, the next wave of cards, such as the ATI Radeon dont suffer any performance loss by using 32 bit, in fact the ATI card seems to prefer it. And I imagine by the time CM2 is out, I will have sent my ole Matrox g400 16 meg to the spare parts bin.

------------------

As the victors define history, so does the majority define sanity...