Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Howitzer Motor Carriage M7

Hello,

I've played a few quick battles and let the AI pick my units and it picked the British units and it gave me two Sextons. They did pretty good until german infantry charged my Sextons and knocked them out because they didn't have a .30 cal or .50 cal machine gun for local defense. I enjoyed the Sextons 88mm main gun but i think if i was picking my units i'd go with the M7 Priest because it has a machine gun for local defense and a 105 mm main gun.

And of course, both Sextons and Priests are self propelled guns (=artilery that moves), not intended as front line fighting vehicles. Both need support if they are going to play that game much!

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sailor Malan:

Oh yes,and in the Sexton that 88mm is actually the famous 25 pounder gun howitzer, a very good piece of field artillery. It it not to be confused with any other gun of the same calibre, if you expect it to live long!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just saying that the M7B1 is better because it has a machine gun for local defense. I like the M7 Priest and think its better then the Sexton.