First Computer/First Week Online

Sure thing Black Sabot.

Guinness, along with most other stouts and ales from Ireland, Scotland and England tend to be served just slightly cooler than room temperature.

German, Canadian and American beer tends be served cold (and often in yummy frosty mugs). I think there is some historical rational for this (different ingredients / brewing process) but I can't remember exactly.

Oh, and I'm not Irish either, man. I just frequent lots of British / Irish / Scottish pubs here in Canada. Based on my physical condition today (hangover), I frequent them far too much.

(Sorry to all for the O/T slant here)

GAFF

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gaffertape:

Sure thing Black Sabot.

Guinness, along with most other stouts and ales from Ireland, Scotland and England tend to be served just slightly cooler than room temperature.

German, Canadian and American beer tends be served cold (and often in yummy frosty mugs). I think there is some historical rational for this (different ingredients / brewing process) but I can't remember exactly.

Oh, and I'm not Irish either, man. I just frequent lots of British / Irish / Scottish pubs here in Canada. Based on my physical condition today (hangover), I frequent them far too much.

(Sorry to all for the O/T slant here)

GAFF<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome Gilamonster (is that the reptile you are referring to?) And you have already learned the most important thing: threads go O/T very fast...

Now, having said that. I think they introduced the horrid mutilation that is ice-cold Guiness around the time I was in Ireland 94/95. There were bars that had two taps, one cold one normal, for older and younger customers. Here in the UK it is mostly cold now methinks. Which does not matter, because it only tastes right on the Irish west coast anyway. Hmm, I know some pubs in Dingle...

------------------

Andreas

It is amazing what you can learn from a good book...

Guest Germanboy

Nooooo!!!! The curse of the double-post strikes again.....

Arrrrgggghhhhhh

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 05-31-2000).]