Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Scenario Briefings and Conditions.

Again let me offer BIG Kudos for the TCP/IP beta patch. The wait has well been worth it.

Now, while playing someone else I would like to see the scenario setup screen as they inputed the information.

(i.e. Combined arms, Weather: (Did they select random?), Force layout (Is it random or did they select American Airborne?), etc...)

All the information that generates a quick battle, if indeed it is a quick battle, is what I would like to see in some sort of popup screen. Alt-B is good for scenarios with briefings, yet doesn't supply any information needed in a quick battle!

If there is already a command, I apologize for this post beforehand. My search through the hotkeys proved uninsightful.

Lucky most of those ops are only in Q battles they cant be in regular brefings!Weater is sometimes in at lest I do. Combined arms well what kind for force do you expect? That is why they say your forces in brefings!In regular battles ie not made in Q battles you cant rando select! Alos Q battles don't have brefings!

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 12-07-2000).]

I like to scope the settings. If playing a ladder match or in a tournament, how does one know the settings were properly inputted? You don't! People make mistakes. When a particular agreement is achieved to fight in Heavy tree coverage, it's quite possible to forget this information and keep it at default: Moderate. There's no way the remote player can validate the settings if the host QB selected his forces or use the before agreed on, Automatic Unit Purchase.

Being able to check the settings to ensure they were properly set is what I'm asking for. The information could/can be tagged to the QB scenario file after generation. *Yes, sounds simple in words but probably requires 100 man-hours to implement.* If the coding (or re-coding) process is too taxing, that's cool. I can live without the information. Some of us do enjoy playing for sport (competition) and this information would prevent accidental slip ups from proceeding past the first turn of the game.