Overlays and clicks

brad

Has there been any thought given to adding a contour lines overlay to the maps or situation maps? I know that you can LOS and I know whats considered high ground but I think it would make what can or cannot see what better.

Also, any thoughts on adding a r/click menu?

brad

>How does TacOps model normal hills?

As pancakes. There is a 'magic' zone along the 'uphill' side of the TacOps elevation contour line. The contour line in most TacOps maps is a dark green,red, or orange line that separates high ground from lower ground. The zone is about ten screen pixels wide (a hundred meters more or less). If the center point of a unit marker is in that zone, then that unit can see both high ground in all directions and can also see the low ground that falls away from the nearby contour line. In other words, if you position a unit marker just 'uphill' of a contour line then that unit can observe both high and low ground.

>I've seen some maps that have contours.

Those are custom maps, made originally from scans of real world topo maps for military users who needed a CPX tool. They still only have two levels of ground elevation - low and high. They do not realistically portray the scanned areas but they are good enough for 'rough work'.

Adding more elevations to TacOps is still very high on the wish list.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com