MC#2 Now Available...

...at CMHQ.

Well, fellow CMers, I honestly had no intention of tackling another one of these monster projects anytime in the near future, but the second incarnation of Frankenstein just somehow took on a life of its own and evolved. (Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I enjoy exploring the possibilities of the scenario builder so much.) Unfortunately, I never received anything in the way of feedback (impressions and/or suggestions) regarding the original mini-campaign, so I don’t have a clue in the world as to whether the CM community likes the concept, thinks it to be challenging, demanding, entertaining or just plain considers it to be industrial waste. I’ll probably never know.

Anyway, here it is.

Consisting of eight (8) all-new, autonomous scenarios, the campaign is entitled: No Rest for the Weary and is designed to be played in sequential order from the American perspective. The companion series to Any Port After a Storm, it represents the continued exploits of the U.S. 79th Division immediately following the Cotentin/Cherbourg operation, but prior to the breakout (Operation Cobra) during early July 1944.

This collection is loosely based on the locations, combatants and general events of the time period being depicted. However, the operational events as well as the missions themselves are all totally hypothetical. As such, the in-depth Command Briefs are as much fictional storytelling as they are informational (just like in MC #1).

Keep in-mind that, although I’ve attempted to conceive and implement a variety of unique and tactically-diverse missions, each successive scenario is not intended to be the latest, greatest epic battle yet created for CM. On the contrary. Both of my mini-campaign offerings to-date are merely attempts to place the player into as realistic a “situational” environment as possible. The contiguous missions are therefore meant to be indicative of the average foot soldier’s daily combat experience “…with death tugging at his elbow.” After all, only 1 in 100 battles ever made the history books.

I sincerely hope you’ll find the campaign to be interesting and the missions immersive.

You can get your copy of No Rest for the Weary at the CMHQ Scenario Depot location nearest you. FTP servers are standing by to take your order. As added incentive, the first 300+ people to respond to this ad will receive a complimentary copy of my short story “Read Me” along with a pair of .bmp mods (tunnel arches for use in mission #6) as a free gift. Hurry! Inventories are (un)limited.

Note: As with all my mini-campaigns, it is important that you take a moment to review the brief “Read Me” document for complete instructions on optimal game play.

Version 1.2 (minor changes to scenario #8) was uploaded this evening. This update should be available within the next couple of days.

BTW, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

Patrick