Do we love that flag ?

Guest Germanboy

Ben, I was referring to your suggestion with the shaded ground. I like the idea better than a flag.

Intelweenie, the high ground is obviously important although the specific battle conditions will vary. What I posted about it was in response to Formerly Babra's suggestion to give tiles a point value, with higher elevation tiles having a higher value (assuming they are within the shaded area). Joao did not understand why that was logical, so I set out to explain it to him. Of course, if the shaded area is in the northwest corner, and the high ground on the map is on the southwest, then this is meaningless. Although for scenario design it would be nice to have a sort of VL where the attacker loses points if not holding it, but does not gain any for holding it, reflecting the importance of keeping a bit of rear-area security. Just off the top of my head.

Joao, I am afraid my challenge was only tongue in cheek. I have a lot of challenges waiting already, and a frantic few weeks ahead of me, when I will start a new job in London. So maybe sometime in October. Sorry.

------------------

Andreas