BMP folder?

Guest Madmatt

Mac Mod Managers are available on my Mac Mod Manager Page (funny that) on CMHQ.

Go to the 3rd Party Mod Section, you will find them in there.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-30-2000).]

On the PC, bitmaps are stored in the BMP directory. On the Mac, they can be found in various ResEdit files in the Data folder. It can be very useful to note that, despite the completely different way the images are stored, the numbers are the same on both platforms. So "1234.bmp" on the PC would be ResEdit image ID 1234 on the Mac.

If you download PC BMPs, provided you have ResEdit you can just cut-and-paste them into the appropriate locations. ResEdit is free from Apple, by the way.

David

button.gif

the mod managers just make the process easier, at least for me. Automates the job of converting the bmps into the resource files on your hard drive. Helps with reverting and changes between all the mods that are out there (I have a mix of em all on my G3)

and MCM3 (my program) is free, Mac Mod manager is guilt free shareware. They both offer advantages over the other, choose the one you like the best. Or use both....

try em, you'll like em!

(a new version of MCM3 is forthcoming, with bare bones support for sounds, as well as refinements to the program, a few additions).

Enjoy the mods!

dave

Guest Madmatt

Soon we will have a new Mod Manager for the PC as well which will be posted on CMHQ.

It's undergoing some tweaking and refinements but it's pretty nifty. There was a topic before that had some preliminary screenshots to it. I will see if I can dig it up.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing