City Block Fighting

In the few scenarios that I've played that take place in a city with blocks of contiguous/row buildings, I've noticed that if I order a squad to goto the next building that they exit onto the street and then re-enter the next building, often getting mowed down in the process. Now I realize that it is somewhat realistic for this to happen as most row buildings do not have openings into the adjacent buildings. However, from reading "Closing With The Enemy", I found that in fights for Brest and Aachen, troops leaned to breach the interior walls between adjacent building using explosives or bazookas. They could thus go building to building without exiting to the street and have their movement hidden to the enemy.

Is is possible to do this in CM?. Is it something that could be added for a patch or CM2?

Thanks,

Kevin

I've noticed it as well. I've also read "Closing with the Enemy" on the Allies using that tactic.

I don't think that the pathfinding of the AI will allow such movement. Kind of like sending your guys to the slaughter by going from building to building. Ambushes, mg grazing fire, oh my! biggrin.gif

Don't shoot a bazooka to try and breach the wall of the next building. You might set the building you are in on fire with the back blast. How do I know? Let's just call it "field experience." rolleyes.gif

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Guest Michael emrys

Good question. Units with satchel charges should be able to use them to create "entrances" where none existed before. Maybe even bundling a couple grenades together in the case of light construction. Not sure about using bazookas indoors though.

Michael