Morality

minmax

Good info Jeff. It was very informative.

The other day I found an great article called "The Justice of War". It argues a similar point, minus the historical perspective.

It is located at: http://www.objectivistcenter.org/pubs/pstephens_justice_war.asp

I especially like the quote from it that states: "If some 'pacifist' society renounced the retaliatory use of force, it would be left helplessly at the mercy of the first thug who decided to be immoral. Such a society would achieve the opposite of its intention: instead of abolishing evil, it would encourage and reward it."

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife got this from one of the reservists she trains every month. I don't know the original source. Given the current situation it seems appropriate.

"It's the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It's the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It's the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to demonstrate.

It's the soldier, not the lawyer,who has given us the right to a fair trial.

And it's the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the protester the right to burn the flag."

Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Gary Chilcote