CDIC is doing in Hong Kong!

Hello,

I personally met CDIC last Friday evening as he came to Hong Kong on his business trip. We met at the hotel lobby in which he was staying. We can't wait to see what the real Combat Mission is all about. I have brought along my lovely PowerBook. So the first thing we did was to look at all vechicle models of both sides. Well, we discuss the differences between the models such as "Shot trap is here in Panther VG but it is removed in the (late) version", "This Sherman M4A3 tends to burn easily", etc. People passing by without any idea might have thought that I was a car salesman.

After he bought me a delicious dinner, we started a "hot seat" QB at about 2135. Personally, I would call that "hot lap" for what we did was just pushing the Powerbook around. Back to the game, it was a meeting engagements between two combined arms on a gentle slope without, virtually, no tree covers.

The map has a small village in the middle and it was where most fightings happened. I reached the village first and gained upper hand early. However, as I carelessly lose most of my AFV in subsequent turns, I lost the edge.

Just when he tried to maneuver his counterattack, the game had to end abrutedly since my PB gone out of battery and I forget to bring the AC adapter! We saved the game at around 2330 and decided to go on tomorrow morning.

After six hours of insufficient sleep we met again in his room at around 1015 next morning and we went on for 2 more turns. He managed to cause great damanges to my infantries with his FO and panzers. Since I had another appointment elsewhere we have an agreed ceasefire. He won a major victory.

The little game was fair and we had so much fun and we talked a lot about the tactics and ladder stuff.

I have actually taken a few shots of CDIC and would post it later when I get home, if CDIC doesn't mind about this.

I had an idea that some day, we should hold a CM convention so that I can see all you people ("ladies and gentlemen") in person for exchange of experiences and most important -- have fun. I think the place would be the best in Europe when most CM1 battles took place.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(