Minor Bug Report (no spoilers)

Well, I get home from my honeymoon and I see the Gold Demo has been released! I guess the honeymoon isn't over, after all! wink.gif

I've noticed one minor problem, though -- I'm doing a PBEM game of ... one of the scenarios, and while I was issuing orders for turn 2, I was unable to issue any orders to ... one particular unit. I could select it fine, but no matter what order I issued I got the "invalid order" beep. Same thing when I hit the space bar to bring up the order menu. Other units of the same type could get orders just fine. I reloaded the PBEM file and the problem seemed to clear up. Not a show-stopper by any means, but thought I'd report it just in case.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Guest Madmatt

Hmm, Colin was also seeing this seeing this with one of his tanks and the odd thing was that he sent me the file and I was able to issue orders to it just fine.

Weird, but I do think that this issue was passed on to Charles to have a look at.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-16-2000).]

Guest tom w

this same thing happened to me three times in the Beta Demo (CE).

I'm not sure if it is a bug or not but everyone should be told to reload the file and try again if they want to continue the PBEM game with no interuption

the first time I had the problem I just said "oh well" (beta software) and let it go without a fuss and the next turn that was sent back to me the tank was unscathed (it was in no danger of being fired on any way) and I could issue orders again.

the other two times I just reloaded the file and it worked fine?

I must note that every time it happened to me I was playing on a Mac and my opponent was on a PC /Wintel box

hope that helps..

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tom w:

I must note that every time it happened to me I was playing on a Mac and my opponent was on a PC /Wintel box<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, funny ... I'm on a Mac and my opponent is on a PC. And interestingly, the same problem occurred again on turn 4, and the same unit was affected. Once again, reloading the pbem file fixed the problem.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Guest tom w

ok...

Lets get specific

I was Playing CE with SS_Panzerleader when it happened to me in the Beta Demo

are you currently playing SS_PanzerLeader?

Just curious

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by L.Tankersley:

Hmmm, funny ... I'm on a Mac and my opponent is on a PC. And interestingly, the same problem occurred again on turn 4, and the same unit was affected. Once again, reloading the pbem file fixed the problem.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tom w:

are you currently playing SS_PanzerLeader?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Negative.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey, your name is in VoT. LT Tankersly lead one of my most brilliant infantry charges in the scenario...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two 'E's in "Tankersley," soldier!

My namesake hasn't done much for me at present, but I'm only 6 minutes into the game. At least he hasn't died yet. ;p

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley