BRAND NEW IDEA (prob not)

a toggle to view YOUR troops as seen from th eopponent point of view.

detail: troops would regularly camoflauge their wpns/vehicle and then walk a bit to see how they had done or what they missed.

CM allows us to see "our" stuff no matter what, a switch to see if that mortar ammo truck is truly hidden, would be a nice feature...yes?

i KNOW not for the release, FOR THE PATCH!

Actually that pretty much isn't possible for some very good reasons.

1. In CM one simply CANNOT say a vehicle or unit isn't visible to the enemy unless NO enemy can draw LOS to it.

2. A vehicle can be highly visible but not spotted by the enemy if they are buttoned and othewise distracted.

IOW a vehicle hidden in trees could be invisible or visible to the enemy depending on the enemy's status SO the kind of toggle you're talking about is impossible to put in.

hmmm- thanks Fionn. its amazing how an idea can seem so logical at first thought, then another point of view lets yyou see how wrong you were.

i thought of another reason while i read your reply...IF I COULD SEE MY UNITS FROM THE ENEMY POINT OF VIEW, I WOULD HAVE AN IDEA WHERE he was!

BUt i think all i was trying to point out was walk 100 yards/meters turn around and 'look' at your position. "how does it look"? irregardless of the enemy position.

is my AFV hull down?

that would have nothing to do with "spotting"

does that describe my meaning better?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sarge:

But I think all I was trying to point out was walk 100 yards/meters turn around and 'look' at your position. "How does it look"? irregardless of the enemy position.

is my AFV hull down?

that would have nothing to do with "spotting"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can already do this! Just move your camera at the lowest position ("1" key) move forward and do your 180 and see for yourself. That's the beauty of this 3D engine.

If you could do what you originally suggested, you'd lose the Fog of War effect.

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 02-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 02-06-2000).]

Guest Charles

To view one of my units from the nme's direction, I simply hit the TAB key to select the unit, followed by the 1 key, and finally the / key to reverse the view 180 degrees. Simple! I also try to remember to set the scale to realistic so I can get a good idea if my unit is "exposed" or not.

------------------

Not THE Charles from BTS