Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AI Map Exit Problem

Either I'm doing something wrong or this is a bug.....

I have set up a scenario where 1 side is supposed to exit a specific map edge for victory points. In the editor, I have set the map edge in the Parameters screen and have set the "Eligible For Points" flag for each applicable unit. In the game, the exit zone appears in the right place and the unit detail screen shows "Should Exit For Points" right below the INFO/KILLS button. I seen no place where I can enter specific points for individual vehicle exits, so I assume there's just some fixed assigned value.

Anyway, despite this, the AI will not drive these units off the map if they are in good morale state. Instead, they go to the nearest map corner at an end of the specified map edge, and park there for the rest of the game. The only units that leave the map are routed.

So, am I missing something in the editor to make the units exit, or is this a bug?

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Are you also using flags? If so, remove them and let the AI just try to exit, if you aren't forward the scenario [what you have so far] and I will ake a look.

Rune

Rune said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Are you also using flags? If so, remove them and let the AI just try to exit, if you aren't forward the scenario [what you have so far] and I will ake a look.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have tried it with and without flags. When I had a flag, it was on a road right next to the exit map edge. In this case, the AI parked around the flag. When I did not have the flag, the AI went to the nearest map corner at an end of the exit edge. In neither case did it exit any good order units off the map.

I'd love to send this to you but I tried emailing you a couple days ago about in relation to you testing scenarios, and I just now got the bounce back. The address I used was rune@ameritech.net, which I got from your info in this forum. Said it had a bunch of temporary STMP failures. Do you have another address?

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

[This message has been edited by Bullethead (edited 06-24-2000).]

Charlse said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'll check into it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks.

------------------

-Bullethead