Why won't CM simulate...

"The white phosphorous was thick on the battlefield that day, mixed with the smoke from the Ami infantry's grenades. Nonetheless, through the haze I could spot a Sherman at 300 meters distance as it lumbered over a hedgerow. Its belly was exposed--a perfect target. Luckily our rocket section, trained in the art of long-ranged direct fire, had decimated the American infantry. I seized my Panzerschreck and sprinted through the haze, identifying and avoiding the enemy's kill zones by the fallen bodies of my comrades. I threw myself prone in a spot of soft, beachlike sand. Although the tank was obscured 90 percent by an intervening building, I was able to polish it off with a single round."

Pik De Taile

Obscure Moments of the Second World War

Guest Big Time Software

Uhm... since there is no question here I can only guess what it is you are asking. If you are asking why we are not including WP shells, the reason can be found in previous threads on the subject. Use the SEARCH feature. If it is smoke grenades, use SEARCH to see why. If it is some sort of general smoke coverage, once again smile.gif use the SEARCH feature.

As for concern that such a battle condition, as described above, isn't possible in CM, totally untrue. Smoke rounds will produce the same exact situation. Plenty of smoke on CM's battlefields.

Steve

Steve, uh, that wasn't actually a question. I spent years playing Squad Leader and I'd feel I'd gotten my money's worth if the game just simulated M4s, M16s, M3s, Priests, 75mm StuGs, 105mm StuGs, Mark IVs, Brummbars, and infantry weapons (anything else other than the Russian stuff? I forget) with only four possible maps. The gameplay is the rub. Just sort of a satirical exercise, was all. Cheers.