TacOps Enhancement Suggestions

stevel

So here's a couple of suggestions of what I think would be "high impact" enhancements to the product:

AI Rules file - Split out the AI "orders" or "objectives" into an editable file for each scenario. This would enable the user to define an AI player for custom scenarios.

Unit Database - Split out the unit specs into a separate and editable database file. Or at least allow the user to define "new units" and be able to load them into the game. I personallly like the way the unit database structure was done in the game Harpoon 2.

I don't wonder that the reason this fine suggestion hasn't been implemented before is because of the fact that LAN and null-modem play make for such a wonderful simulation of actual battle conditions. I would recommend having a "real" Canadian General go head to head with a "real" Estonian or Eastern powers General. An AAR from such a meeting (using CPX instead of real bullets and tanks) would more than justify the existence of this wonderful game.

Now that's entertainment! (I hope you see my point)