Stupid CM Tricks

Earlier, I found myself really happy at being hit with non-area target, aiming for your groin HE rounds. It was odd as hell.

Two full platoons of Volksgrenadiers are stuck in a large area of scattered trees, as 7 halftracks and 4 tanks spray the s**t out of the place. My armor was scattered earlier(bad idea...) to avoid a lopsided confrontation and can't show themselves, let alone hit the enemy armor head on. There is no real cover, and just flat ground so there's no where for them to go or hide. Suddenly, one of the tanks starts letting loose with it's main gun(a 105mm?), causing major explosions around this one hapless squad that it had spotted. Then after the first couple hit I noticed than the shell holes they left were awfully big compared to normal HE rounds... I was able to start moving men into the craters as fast as they appeared and give them cover from the attack. The platoons lost one full squad(the first attacked-due to panic), and 6 other men between the other squads, but after I recovered and drove off the enemy armor, I found them to be otherwise unmauled. Until I moved them a bit later. Then they were mauled pretty bad actually.