Conflict with PGP for the Mac

Robert Radford

I have installed versions of PGP (the privacy software) several times on my PowerMac 7300 over the last few years but, each time, I have run into menu problems with TacOps in which menus like SetUp and keyboard commands like Look simply disappear from TacOps. The functionality returns only when I disable the PGP control panels.

Is this a problem that anyone else has experienced?

I have experienced a similiar problem with my windows machine. The pull-down menus sometimes do not function in a uniform fashion whjen they are clicked on. I use McAfee Anti-Virus privacy software on my computer. This problem with TacOps occurs occasionally and so I thought that it was merely cosmetic. Here is a description of the problem that I encounter:

When clicking on a pull-down menu like File, Combat, Orders, Map and etc. the nicely drawn "box" does not appear, but rather only the letters that spell out "Begin Combat Phase; Do Game Run Out" appear white over the upper portion of the battle map. This is rather ugly, but to me, the game still works fine in a fundamental way. It is interesting that this is a problem for both Windows and MacOS. If anything, I would suppose that MacOS is far more reliable than Windows. Well...let's see what the Major says. (:)

Keep on Rockin in the Free World -Neil Young

[This message has been edited by rich4421972 (edited 09-02-2000).]

This is the first I have heard of either problem. I don't use either of the programs mentioned.

I have a dim memory of a brief period of intermittant disappearing menus on the Mac under one of the early iterations of MacOS 8 but it occurred in numerous applications and went away after installing one of the MacOS 8 updates.

Are you both using TacOps 3.x?

Mac user - Which Mac OS are you currently using?

Windows user - Which version of Windows are you currently using?

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

I should also mention that the problem is intermittent. I turned PGP back on i.e. with the Extensions Manager, but haven't had a problem since the first report.

If I recall correctly the last time I had the problem it was intermittent as well. Several menus would just disappear in the middle of the game and remain off on restarts, to return only if I turned PGP off.