Question about AI

All,

I keep reading about how people are saying the AI will give you a great battle.

I know nothing about military tactics yet the last 3 battles I have played I have gotten strong victories. I am playing mostly the small scenarios to get used to the units.

Are the people that are getting beat by the computer giving the AI advanatages?

Thx

jonp

Oh, sorry about that

Basically, I played the 2 battles in the demo and had no problems winning (played the allies in the hilly battle and played both sides in the flat battle). I won all 3 times.

In the real game, I just full FOW, dont allow the troops to be moved during setup and just leave everything else as default. I have played 2 or 3 small battles and won them all without a problem.

Do you true wargamers out there find the AI really challenging?

JonP

Even though you win, are you not having great battles? I win against the AI almost always, yet sometimes it comes down to a very close situation. I therefore think the AI is perfect, as I win, which is the point, but it's not a freebie win. Remember the AI is only an AI though. If you want a real challenge, play a human. It's a whole new war...

Zamo

I realize the human opponent would give a much better fight but I was just wondering if the AI is better at certain things or what?

Am I just getting lucky? Are the scenarios I am playing favored to my side (whichever side I play)

Can anyone out there give me a small scenario to play and a side that the AI will really kick my a$$.

There are no additonal battles available for the demo. As for winning. If you beat the AI the first time then you did good. If you play the same battle again and again then you have the advantage over the AI because you have Intel on the battle based upon what happened before. You should win these easily. However, play a PBEM and it's a whole new ball game. Human vs Human is the best game.

Now in the full ver. of the game you are going to have your hands full against the AI in a scenario that has not been played yet. In other words the odds will be even. Expect a much better fight.

sniperscope

I do have the full version. I played the demo 3 times and the full version twice and have had no problems beating the computer.

Any scenarios on the full version (small) you could suggest

Thx

JonP

Play some quick battles! It's much better when you don't know exactly what you're facing. That puts you on more of an even level with the AI, as it never knows what it's facing either. Even at 1000 points/side (the current max.), the battles are relatively small.

Try some of the lesser visibility/bad weather settings, too. It always makes for a good hair-raising knife fight when the woods are full of sound contacts but you can only see 40m in front of you. smile.gif

Dar