Mod' pack.s and their links

For those of you that have the game,could you tell me what your opinion of the mod you are using?

And how it compare's to BTS graphic's ,and is the difference enough to make it worth getting.

OH and their links

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

Guest KwazyDog

Hiya guys.

Thats really odd about the framerate. Ive done extensive testing on my system in the beta with the counter and noticed no drop in fps. What I will do though it scale down the bigger stuff such as the JagdPanther as see if that helps things out. It should scale down pretty well.

Oh, and for now guys, give the lower res (which is the same res as the origional) or origional grass a go. Out of the whole mod the grass really does chew through vram. It was kinda an experiment which came out looking cool so we snuck it into to the mod smile.gif

Guest Madmatt

Kwazydog,

I am at work don't have the file set with me but it may be nice to post the texture numbers that we replaced with the Grass.

That way people could re-load the old grass if they would want.

For the record the Hi-Res and Low-Res replace the SAME files.

If any one out there with some programming skills is looking for a quickie job (no money, long hours, working with a demanding task master like me!) I would like to design a TEXTURE MANAGER Utility for CM. Anyone familiar with European Air War may have seen what I am talking about in several of those utilites that allow you to virtually pick the skin of your choice for models. I think the same thing for CM might be cool.

Drop me an email if you got the skills (and I do mean skill, this isnt something that would make a good 'first' program!) and the willingness to help out...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Originally posted by Mattias:

Titan,

Just apply the mod to the Gold Demo and have a look for yourself.

confused.gif You can apply the mod to the GD?

Me smallbrain thought it was only for the full version.

Can anybody please enlighten me?

Schugger

Guest Madmatt

The MDMP is two components. A Graphics portion and a Sound portion.

You CAN install the graphics protion over the Gold Demo, but we dont support it. Many people have had success with it though. You will see some new trees and grass primarily. Nothing else will appear. No, you wont magically have the jagdpanther tongue.gif

The sound pack is sampled at higher rates then the Demo supports so the sounds would be all funky...

Madmatt

p.s. This is all covered in the ReadMe that I provided on the MDMP page at CMHQ. Amazing what you can find in those things! tongue.gif

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-20-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntg84:

It slowed down my 600mhz w/256mb ram<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What video card are you running? You could have a GIG of memory and it wont make a spit of differnce if your video card sucks butt...

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex