What I would like to see.

A river would only form an impassable obstacle for me to press your men onto and slaughter them in front of Blackhorse.

Now where's the turn you cur? wink.gif

Seriouslt though,

good idea. A few rivers with bridges would create some even more tense DYO battles.

Boy, gotta agree, especially with the rivers. Also Bocage, but I'd be willing to bet that rivers would be an easier code. Quick Battles are superb, but, in the immortal words of wilfull hedonists everywhere:

Bartender: Here now, don't you think you've had enough, young man?

CM Player: But I want more than enough! smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 07-14-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Sounds like Blackwood

a) needs a river to hide behind

B) needs the indirect fire capability to inflict some damage on Fionn while hiding...

Please note that all smilies on this iBook got slaughtered at a road-block.

------------------

Andreas

My wishes for a patch or for CM2:

A sticky targeting command - discussed to death here.

A new command pausing vehicles until troops/artillery are loaded or unloaded. It would take the guess work out of loading and unloading. Maybe I am just inexperienced with it, but I don't know how many times a vehicle has either sat at an objective too long, giving my men's presence away, or taken off before my men/artillery have unloaded.

Also, a skip orders command that would allow two minutes of action without a stop. This could be agreed upon by the players and used at slow times, such at the beginning of advances and the like. Of course, this command would be used at one's own peril. I sure as hell wouldn't use it at the beginning of certain scenarios to remain unnamed for spoilers'sake.

Also, some kind of quick opponent finder would be nice, even if it is just a chat room. This would be especially nice for TCP/IP games when added.

Final wish: A new drug that would allow me to function properly during the day after playing CM all night. (Tried to insert a smiley here, but it deserted for fear of its life.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Sounds like Blackwood

a) needs a river to hide behind

B) needs the indirect fire capability to inflict some damage on Fionn while hiding...

Please note that all smilies on this iBook got slaughtered at a road-block.

No I just think it would add another dimension to a player's attack just an added consideration. just love defending bridges.

Ron

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>