anyone taking requests for diff. explosion graphics

Wow. It's 3:15 and I just finished another awesome QB, and I was wondering....

Looks to me like the standard and advanced explosion graphics are based on a 'simple' expanding sheaf of spheres - surface detonation, we only see the piece above the ground plane, tree/airbursts we get the whole enchilada, and I think they look just fine. However.

Remember the British 'walking barrage' in the movie A Bridge Too Far? Awesome fountains of earth and debris in big, vertical "V" - shapes? I have seen similar types of ground detonations in other movies that I believe tried to be a little accurate. Are real arty/shell explosions anything like that tall "V" shape? Or is that just the shape you get when an SFX crew buries their charges in the ground? I've never seen a real explosion any bigger than a firecracker, so I don't know.

Anyway, if that explosion shape is a reasonable one, any chance someone's working on a graphic for it?

-dale

"Anyway, if that explosion shape is a reasonable one, any chance someone's working on a graphic for it?"

I believe that I read here that explosions are "hard-coded" rather than easily-replaced bitmaps (like terrain/vehicle textures). This makes sense, since they're animated, and in that case it would be nigh-impossible for anyone but BTS to change them.