ROF vs. Turret speed

I've recently come to the realization that, for me, a higher rate of fire is more desirable than a fast turret speed. The situation that brought that point home was a recent PBEM game I had. I had this Tiger, unbuttoned, hunting up a road. All a sudden, 4 target beads converge on it. 2 from zook teams and two from tanks. As I watched with great anxiety over the next 40 sec, no less than 4 shells bounced off the Tiger while several missed. Each American tank (a M4A3 and a M10) got off 2-3 shots while my Tiger never fired. At the end of the turn I was still alive (yay) and still targeting the M10 about 300m in front of me. My turret didn't even have to move. So next turn I give the reverse order, but with it being regular quality that order was not going to be carried out for at least 13sec. So in the meanwhile I'm still targeting the M10. I got off a shot at about 10sec, missed, then died from an M10 lower hull penetration. In the end, the M10 got off 3-4 shots to my one shot. That is NOT good odds and one of the reasons I hate buying Tigers (this was a canned scenario, so I didn't buy it).

Give me high ROF over fast turrets anyday of the week. Anyone else think this way?

So now my question. Are there any German tanks that have a high ROF (other than the light tanks that is)?

------------------

Jeff Abbott