Arnhem Bridge: Wow...

I'm currently playing the Arnhem Bridge: Red Devils Op. and I feel like I'm watching "A Bridge Too Far". I have burning/knocked out armored cars and halftracks littering my side of the bridge. Once the German armor tries driving between the two front buildings, all I can see is grenades, gammom bombs and AT missiles flying through the air. Sometimes a little too far...landing in the building across from them.

Awesome Operation. CM never ceases to amaze me.

------------------

College Football approaches...

www.getfanatical.com

Also...one thing I noticed on this Op. It seems the German troops don't know how to get off the bridge once their attack bogs down. They all kinda lay around in one spot, while I drop my 75mm on their heads and pound them with small arms fire. Eventually, I guess if they completely rout, they manage their way back off the bridge.

Is this a small problem in the AI, or are the German troops trying to hold their position on the bridge? Now...vehicles access the bridge just fine. In fact I've been impressed. I've been subjected to years of Close Combat tanks and how retarded their crews were. I would be lucky to get 1 tank over a bridge. But now...I see 2-3 tanks going over...AND seeing them push knocked out vehicles out of the way as they try to bulldoze past my perimiter. Lovely... biggrin.gif

------------------

College Football approaches...

www.getfanatical.com