Building Fire Movie Replay Bug

Just want to let all the big guys upstairs know about a little cheat I found, and I'm sure I'm not the only one....

If troops under an artillery barrage have their building catch on fire during the movie, if you go back and replay enough times you will eventually get a movie where there is no fire started, thereby allowing you to continue to occupy the building and not run out in a panic to be shot in the streets.

It seems maybe some of the results data is being determined on the fly during "playback".

I hate to complain about the best computer wargame ever, but I know Steve and Charles would want to know.

Cheers,

Mike

I'm not so sure they "do" know. Infact, someone else on another thread is reporting a similar bug with regard to respawing of casualties during artillery barrages. I believe it would be good if you could send a "saved file" of that movie to Steve so they can research. If it can be duplicated, then potentially it is a fairly serious threat to the integrity of the game and needs to be dealt with pronto. Thanks for reporting it.

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-27-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Did the building catch fire AFTER the clock stopped, i.e. post 60 seconds? If so then we know about this and are looking into to it already.

Madmatt