Snipers and stuff

Undaunted

Hi everyone smile.gif

This morning I put a sniper team on the edge of a wood, facing outward, and then tried to sneak a rifle platoon from behind to attack the snipers. It turned out that the sniper spotted the platoon during its approach and kept it suppressed with killing hits until the last infantryman died, receiving no return fire from the platoon. Is sniper fire a bit too effective for suppressing in Tacops? Or is there other correct ways to kill snipers with infantry?

In addition to this, I found out that snipers can receive infinite amount of ammo resupply because when one is adjusting its resupply level, it starts to receive ammo before the required supply point go above zero.

About the vehicle armour. Isn't it that the front armour figures only refer to the turrets of the vehicles? I always thought that the hulls of the tanks have less armour and gunfires should be able to damage a tank by hitting its hull or treads, even if its penetration value is less the the front armour value.

UD

Snipers with infantry? Easy... use a company's worth of platoon markers.

You can walk right over a sniper and not see him, it's not unreasonable to assume he'll be picking you off as you search. Also, nothing is going to suppress a unit of troops more than accurate and deadly fire where you have no clue where it's coming from! I wouldn't want to be the next guy to stick my head up...

One of the most noble uses for mortars is dealing with a sniper :) Much safer too. That or a tank!

As for the hull/turret armor and so on, it's an abstraction. Mobility kills can be modelled, but I can't see BMPs blazing away at a unit of Abrams, and statistically getting MKs on all of them.

NTM