CCJ, when are you gonna release TTv3.0??

This thread has deviated a bit from wondering about CCJ to a discussion of pirating and warez.

But as has been noted before he is a kid. Was what he did wrong, yes, and certainly wrong by the standards of this community. Remember our various "pledge" threads etc. Yes he upset and pissed a number of people off. But IF he can accept that he made a mistake (and what 14 yr old hasen't ... let he who is w/out guilt throw the first stone (BTW I am not a christian, but the principle applies nonetheless) and apologize then it behooves us as a community to open our hearts and welcome him back. Yes the prodigal son is applicable here. We have a chance to display our maturity here as well.

So to CCJ, we are poorer as a group w/out you here. Your actions violated a common value, you made a mistake. Accept that and if you are able to see that , and wish to be a part of the community again, then an apology is in order. Not everyone will be forgiving, so don't expect 100% (but hey, consider it a life's lesson you would have to deal with in some way or another. But I suspect, if you do decide to re-engage you will find alot of support and appreciaton for your work.

Maturity is NOT an easy bag. Being a responsible individual is not always a great gig. But we learn (hopefully) that it is how we grow and become a worthy human. It soounded, from your last post that you were upset and had your felings hurt as well. Whether you realized the nature of the act at the time I wonder. Most 14 yr olds have a bit of growing to do. But growth is being able to set forward and say , I screwed up, I'm sorry and take responsibility.

Then it will be a challange for this community to have the courage to say we forgive and while we are hurt and angry about the past, we will start anew.

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 07-08-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Enough, fellas, this one has already been discussed to death. I'm not happy with anyone downloading pirate copies of games, but CCJ shouldn't be pilloried as if he's the bandit ringleader. He's done a lot to help CM, so let's agree to let this one go.

I'm going to close up the thread.

Charles