Can you make a brew in the final version

Owen,

Sure you can. Let's play a game and try it out. You go ahead and have your guys stop off and have a brew for 5-10 minutes during a game and we'll see what happens. We can simulate this by you not giving your guys any orders since there is not specific have a brew order to give them. Of course if there were, it would be the same thing anyways, right? wink.gif

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I think the brew would be cut short if a 150mm Inf-Gun round hit right in their laps.

I mean, ****, if you're gonna a have a brew at least use the right beverage--the brewsky!! I think Americans probably had brews, but they drank beer and not tea. Tea's for Commonwealth wusses. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

The problem is that simply not giving orders to British troops is not going to have the same effect as a 'brew' command. The difference is that if the British were having their cuppa under 'brew', and the enemy has the audacity and temerity to shoot at them (or worse, their kettle), the British will be absolutely furious, and not worry about small items like ammunition expenditure or having an arm shot off or anything. Even death would be only a minor inconvenience in the goal of teaching those uncivilised Hun barbarians a lesson..... "Spoil my tea-break, will you, you beggars...?!"

Come to think about it, so would a stop at the town brothel.

However, that would force Charles to add another Command to the unit menu.

Gee, i wonder what that command would be called...hmmm wink.gif

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

Guest aaronb

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Black Sabot:

Gee, i wonder what that command would be called...hmmm wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's already there, waiting: 'Withdraw'.

Obvious smilies omitted in homage to Mr. Peng.

Guest Captain Manieri

When my Grandfather was in Tunisia during WWII, He fought right aloong side and knew a few of the British troops. Outside of Berzerti, artillery was raining down on a convoy that my grandfather was in consisting of British and American troops. My father tells me, my grandfather watched 4 British officers crawl underneath a big supply truck and started making tea!! Under an artillery barrage! Nobody really got hurt that day from the artillery, my Grandfather says. But still, I say artillery and making tea under a truck DON'T MIX!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Manieri:

But still, I say artillery and making tea under a truck DON'T MIX!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why, what would you rather do? Cower under the truck? They probably said things like "Jolly rotten show, old chap, I say" "Another cup of tea Major" "That would be lovely, two sugars please, does anyone know how Sussex played against Warwickshire?" "Dreadful noise, I say"

BTS, can we have this as voice clue please?

------------------

Andreas

It is amazing what you can learn from a good book...