OOB reports vs. "S-2" reports

The Oz

As TacOps is currently set, we only have a choice of full knowledge of the enemy OOB and losses, or no knowledge of enemy OOB and losses (other than what we see and can remember ourselves).

Would it be possible to have the switch set so that when we =don't= have full enemy OOB knowledge, we would get the "S-2" report of enemy units =killed=? Perhaps the same tabular format could be used, but only show the enemy units killed column.

Ideally, this would only show us the unit types we've killed, too. That way we wouldn't know the enemy had any 125mm AT guns (for example) for us to kill/worry about until we saw them.

That restriction is not as realistic as it appears. The S2 should have a pretty good idea of what type of enemy unit we are engaging, and will have an OOB for that unit, so if the enemy TOE says the unit has 125mm AT, we should know that and be looking for them. Of course, that doesn't apply in scenarios like TF Gebhardt, where you are encountering remnants of a unit (you will still have a good idea of what MIGHT be there, but you don't KNOW.)

Well, yes, the S-2 should have an idea of what we're facing, but I'd prefer to leave that to us human players. The situation briefing for each scenario gives enough (sometimes more than enough) enemy OOB information.

Besides, the intel boys have been known to be wrong, or just late with updates.

If the "enemy kills" listing doesn't show 125mm AT guns until I kill one, then I as the player have to worry, "The briefing said there were enemy AT guns in the area, but I haven't seen any yet. Are those guns 100mm or 125mm, or was intel wrong, or is something else here in place of the AT guns?"