BTS's next battle, Charles Moylan comments in CGW

It will take place on WWII's Russian Front: Soviets, Germans, and Finns locked in mortal combat from 1941 to Berlin 1945.

"We've received a huge list of suggestions for new features and improvements from the people playing CM right now. We'll be incorporating a lot of them, plus new weapons (all new tanks and artillery pieces), new units (like ski troops), new terrain types, different combat organizations, expanded treatment of long-range tank duels and gunnery optics, and probably a new way to simulate the limited command and control abilities of early-war Soviet troops. We'll make steady graphic improvements as well, though the overall look of the game will be similiar to the current CM"

page 175 of current CGW.

Sounds great for the Russian front fans such as myself. Maybe we will even get sled wagons to go along with the ski troops for winter ops. It will be interesting if they can factor in motorcycle troops that the Germans used early in the war, or even the bicycle troops. The improved graphics also sounds great, or is that looks great??? Maybe they might even have left and right sides for vehicles so we can have numbers of tanks. I do like the idea of making each vehicle unique. Of course this would require the ability to assign textures to vehicles instead of the current blanket one size fits all approach. I have read the problems with this but for us with high memory cards or willing to do smaller battles with fewer vehicles I don't see a problem.

I cannot wait. Where do I sign up for the playtest group?

MikeT

------------------

"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

- Motto of Possum Lodge

It will be interesting if BTS also includes the Hungarians, Romanians, and yes, even the Italians smile.gif

I am especially looking forward to the long-range gunnery optics finally making it into the game (pity it's not in CM1). Then we'll get to see the true capabilities of the Tiger and Panther..

------------------

"Follow me, and I'll show you where the iron crosses grow"

I really want Italians, for nothing less than the last successful sabre charge in history (1941). That and they had really cool recon vehicles.

WWB