Immobilzed Experiment

hi, of my 22 PBEM games I've had 2 losses and 2 ties ehehe, because I keep track.

but my 23nd game is a question mark(?)

my opponent insisted I attack him in the snow with a combined force so I started to

then by turn 5 no contact and 2 of 5 tanks are bogged and immobile

then my opponent was joking that I'm too wussy to go over the hill and return him the file so I said WELL I SUSPECT YOU SET ME UP IN THE SNOW so my tanks would immobilize

then he took GREAT offense to that and called me a sore loser

anyhow my experiment:

I took 31 tanks and zigzagged them around on a large snow map so as neither side made contact with each other, and left it daytime incase that matters(visibilty not seeing a hazard or something)

it was 30 turns and the tanks were constantly moving using the MOVE command, not FAST or HUNT

heres what happened

18 bogged in then immobilzed:

7 jumbos

4 reg. shermans

1 hellcat

3 king tigers

1 panther

1 hetzer

1 lynx

13 did not immobilize:

1 jumbo

2 hellcats

2 stuarts

2 panthers

2 hetzers

3 marders

1 lynx

they all had ground pressures for 9.x to 15.x but looks like the lower pressure ones did better than the higher ones

my main question is:

How realistic is it for 18 of 31 tanks to immobilize in the snow during a 30 minute battle

also the distance travelled to the scene comes to mind, how did any of these tanks make it to the battlefield if they immobilize so often while moving in snow?

and to my opponent, I shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion because later I found out that you are honest, so I am either paranoid or a sore loser and owe you the win

BUT I feel this game was made for two forces to go against each other in such a way so that either side has a 50/50 chance of winning, if not then one can use the handicap setting, which I know my opponent doesn't need because he is a regular member to this board ehehe and very good.

You should just stay at roads in snowy terrain.

Or you should just get low pressure vehicles.

And most importantly, you should focus on arty, infantry

and support weapons. The kinds that don't get bogged.

Of course all the settings don't give 50/50 chances, attacking

on snow is more difficult, so is attacking in shorter time,

say 20 turns.

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

It's pretty harsh to ask someone to attack through snow..

Buy a few AT and AP mines, put them accross road bottlenecks with some wire and stuff and advances could be forced off the road. Also your men get just tired and worn down.

Defending would be rather 'easy' in my mind. Much easier than any attack i fear.

PeterNZ