TacOps Extractor 1.0.0 Testing

Guest MajorH

Guest MajorH

Send me a private email if anyone wants to test this utiltiy. PC only at present but I am working on a Mac version.

Requires TacOps v3.0.x or TacOpsCF v3.0.x.

I have created a utility program that does the following.

1. Extracts and saves the Blue and Red OOB from any TacOps v3.0.0 to v3.0.9 saved game file.

2. Allows you to input a new map number so that you can transfer the OOBs to a different map.

3. Allows you to input a different game startup time.

4. When the extracted file is later loaded, the Blue and Red OOBs are presented to the user in convenient Setup Windows rather than just being dumped onto the map.

This is an experimental utility created for a military user which allows one to pull the OOB out of a TacOps saved game file and to stick it into a 'new' saved game file with a different map and game time. The military user has developed a number of saved game scenarios for use in his classes at the Armor School. When he built these files he expended a lot of time and effort in creating large specific organizations and in assigning unit organizational names to all the Blue and Red units (i.e. A/1/10 etc). This utility will allow him (and others) to use existing files to build/spawn new saved game scenarios using different maps without having to again go through the hours of tedious order of battle creation and without having to again put names into all those unit markers.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

• 3 months later...