bug report

I'm playing VoT by email as tbe germans and just recieved the movie back from turn 10. After watching the movie, it's my turn to put in orders so I'm trying to get the LOS from my concrete pillbox up on the hill and all I get is a system beep when I press l (I checked the caps lock key). I can check LOS etc from all the infantry units that I try, but I can't even get an orders menu from any of my live pillboxes. I'm playing on a Mac PB G3/300 with OS 8.5. I tried quitting and reloading a few times, and tried both "Combat Mission Demo" and "Combat Mission Demo.1" I've had a few instances in the past in which it wouldn't accept some keyboard and mouse input, but they always clear up when I quit and restart it. I even tried restarting the machine.

(No Robert, it's not just because that Arty is clobbering me :-P).

Guest Robert Hall

************ POSSIBLE VT SPOILER ***********

As Chris' opponent, and shortly to be victor wink.gif , having received his Turn 11 Orders file where he says he cannot give orders to his concrete bunker, I can give Orders successfully to all my units EXCEPT 1 Sherman (reinforcements). This one Sherman's waypoints have disappeared - they were definitely there previously as it is in the middle of a moving 'marauding pack'. There is no way I can highlight this Sherman to give it Orders. All other Sherman's have retained their waypoints and are about to give Chris hell wink.gif !

Specs: PII 400, Win 95, 128MB, nVidia Riva 128, TBS Montego sound card, MS Intellimouse with ALL drivers being the latest.

Robert

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert Hall:

************ POSSIBLE VT SPOILER ***********

I can give Orders successfully to all my units EXCEPT 1 Sherman (reinforcements). This one Sherman's waypoints have disappeared - they were definitely there previously as it is in the middle of a moving 'marauding pack'. There is no way I can highlight this Sherman to give it Orders. All other Sherman's have retained their waypoints and are about to give Chris hell wink.gif !

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they managed to include battlefield mechanical breakdowns after all! Although it turns out that my PB can now see through pretty thick smoke to brew up members of his marauding pack of shermans. Anyway, the breakdown will keep it from being brewed up like its friends. :P

Guest Robert Hall

Further update. Watching the next movie, the Sherman I could not give any orders to during the orders phase continued on its merry way to its designated spot and started shooting up some infantry. I could now click on it this turn and give additional orders to it along with all my other units.

Steve/Charles, are you interested in receiving the files to look into this glitch?

Robert

Guest Big Time Software

Update for other folks here... we just found and fixed this bug. Warning post to follow...

Steve

Guest Scott Clinton

Damn that was fast!

Charles, you should know better than this...you must ALWAYS pad your turn-around time on this sort of thing. wink.gif

From now on we all expect/demand 2.5 hour turn-around on all bugs! Anything else will NOT be acceptable! smile.gif)

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 05-21-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Update for other folks here... we just found and fixed this bug. Warning post to follow...

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty amazing-- I just sent a copy of my file a few hours ago. (was it even necessary?) I agree that you should pad your turnaround times. Don't you watch Star Trek? wink.gif

Guest Robert Hall

Amazing! Now that's what I call technical support with style biggrin.gif

Game is still going great but he KO'd 3 of my Shermans. Naturally, it is the 'bug' that did it wink.gif!

Robert