UPS Delivery

Not knowing very much about UPS here in Australia, I decided to call their local depot in Melbourne. I was pleasantly surprised when I started to chat with their very helpful call centre lass, she explained the UPS delivery system, which brings me to the reason for this post. Will you kind people at BTS be able to supply a Package tracking number on despatch of the game, so we can ring our local UPS depot find out what day the parcel will be delivered so arrangements can made to be home on the day.

PS Us Australians can look on the positive side of things, if this game was released through the normal inept (bloody hell spelling block with this word) Distributors we would have to wait 4/6 weeks or longer for the game.

Thankyou BTS Great demo and no doubt greater game

RON

Guest Big Time Software

Er, I'm glad you had fun finding out about how UPS works, but it doesn't have anything to do with International shipments smile.gif Originally we shipped US domestic packages via UPS and International ones via US 1st Class Airmail. Why? Because UPS to Australia costs us about $50 USD, so that $10 USD S&H rate just isn't enough smile.gif

However, we no longer use UPS even for domestic shipments. They raised their rates by 50% late winter which made their services almost twice as much as USPS Priority Mail. Although UPS has tracking numbers, the delivery time is about twice as long as Priority Mail to most locations in the US. Higher cost and slower service... wasn't hard to decide to change shipping methods smile.gif

Steve

Know what you mean Steve. I had several thing on order from Amazon.com once and they shipped separately. Some by USPS Priority Mail and some by UPS. One shipment went out by UPS on one day, and then another went out on a following day by USPS. Guess what?? The USPS delivery came first. eek.gif

Whoa! Didn't know about the UPS shipping rate increase. And on a similar note, I received an email tonight saying that gasoline prices were going to go up to like $2.49 in my state due to a new gas tax. This email was one of those "Gas Strike" emails.

------------------

Finally........Maximus...has come back.....to the Forum!!!