points for units

Stoffel

Major,

I set up a new pbem game we choose a customscenario.

I saw that a BMP regiment has almost the same value as a Us cavalryregiment.

But the us reg. has twice as many tanks and only 20 armored vehicles less. the M-1 is a far more better tank than the T-80. why isn't it turned around? more T-80's than M-1"s for the same amount of points?

Guest MajorH

Any chance you read the numbers wrong?

I just set up a US Cavalry Regiment and a BMP Regiment and the Game Status Report showed the US force as 33% stronger than OPFOR.

US points - 26910 vs OPFOR points of 21,157.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

Speaking of which... Myself and Senor Petitta were going to set up a custom LAN game, and the only points values we could find were the older ones from the days of 1.4. Where are the new values at? (With longer Javelin range, reduced effectiveness of Opfor tank ATGMs and so on taken into account...) And on that note further, does the points value of these vehicles change depending on whether they have thermals/improved warheads or not?

Manic Moran

Guest MajorH

Don't take the unit lethality values too seriously. These points are not used in any way for actual combat resolution.

They are provided as a rough guide for the user as to the force lethality ratios currently in play and as a rough guide for balancing user created PBEM scenarios, and they are sometimes used by the game engine to help deduce victory points for killing something or for exiting something .

>the only points values we could find were the older one

>from the days of 1.4. Where are the new values at?

Look in the PDF TacOps User guide in your TacOps v3 folder.

See APPENDIX E - UNIT LETHALITY VALUES and APPENDIX F - UNIT POINTS GUIDE.

Both were updated at various times on the road to version 3 but they are not guaranteed to be perfect.

>does the points value of these vehicles change depending

>on whether they have thermals/improved warheads or not?

No. The lethality value is always based on the better options.