Why can't I see black stats page when designing a Quick Battle?

I have been playing CM for the last couple months, what a great game, thanks! However, when I am designing a Quick Battle, it would be great if you all could add a feature so that a user could click on the chosen units on the right hand list and see that unit's black stats page (or right click on them in the left list). That way the gamer can choose the optimum units for the points available. I spend a lot of time making dummy battles, just so I can select and hit the Enter key over each unit and try to remember what the dang stats are when I am back making the Quick Battle. If you add this new feature (if it is not already there and I have not found it yet) in a future patch, I would really love it. If some one knows how to do this, please let me know. Also, I cannot find a list of unit stats on the web, in the manual, or in the game, does anyone have a complete list? Also, it would be nice if you could add an overview OOB table screen. Thanks again for a great game.

------------------

"You, you, and you, panic... the rest, come with me!"

I don't think this is generally that big an issue, as you get most of the information you need on infantry and armor. My peeve here is that it's very hard to tell the pertinent stats on artillery. Yes, you see the size of the shells, but it seems the firepower is only loosely based on the shell size.

Without previous knowledge, you'd not guess that the American and British 4.2 inch mortars were so different, or that the 88mm 25 pounder had more firepower than the 107mm brit 4.2. You might guess that the 150mm rockets were pretty bad from their low point cost, but you wouldn't think they had so much less firepower than the 150 mm artillery. And you wouldn't expect the 210 mm and 300mm rockets to have a bigger difference in point cost than firepower.

It would really be nice to be able to find out these things while purchasing troops in a QB...

-John

Hey coralsaw, thanks!

John, I agree, it was the artillery that I spent hours agonizing over. I am desiging a 5000 point, large map, email battle to play with a friend and wanted to get the best artillery possible.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blindsey:

I am desiging a 5000 point, large map, email battle to play with a friend and wanted to get the best artillery possible.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mother of all battles! You are serious!!! smile.gif

Re/ arty, I agree, and I don't know a doc where all arty types are rated across the board. Since there are not too many types per side, I'd suggest creating a QB just with arty and writing your observations down, perhaps to share with us later. wink.gif

Thanks coralsaw, the unit stat Db is great, it is a big help, though it would still be nice if the stats were available in the game. My conclusion re artillery is that if you can afford it the the American 4.2 inch mortars and then the 105's are the best buy. What does the VT stand for after the 105 and 155, anyone know?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hough:

Coralsaw, I think I'll do that. Once I get my testing done on arty ROF and approximate power/area of effect, I'll whip something up and post it, or a link to it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, you're a good lad, pls share. Thanks.

Blindseye,

[clearing throat]

Do a search for "VT" on the forum. smile.gif

Think it's Variable Timing but I might be wrong. What it really stands for is mean-bad kick*ss-whattheheckwasthat arty. Totally recommended.

------------------

I feel like I'm standing in front of the monkey cage at the zoo. - HiramS

I am a newbie, sorry to ask such basic questions. redface.gif

I checked out the search like you suggested, it works very well, I will use the search in the future. You are correct about the VT standing for Variable Time fused shells, there was a good description in the seconds heading I read. I also looked up HVSS, used after some of the Shermans' names, which had me curious as well, something to do with their suspension causing them not to bog so much. The W stands for Wet stored ammo, which prevented Shermans from brewing up so easily. Lots of good info, thanks again all! biggrin.gif

------------------